Tuesday, July 3, 2012

At JFK


Leaving. June 27, 2012.

I tried to upload a photo of me, there will be a before and after, but can't find y cord right now. Nor can I connect to the internet and so this is being uploaded a few days after I've left.
   Last night we went to dinner.  Philly for 12 hours was a good time.  Training really wasn't bad, carrying around my backpack was.  Ha.  Ad then they made me check it anyway, hence the lack of my cord.  I am aout to go on 15.5 hour flight, this will be interesting.  I must go buy a sandwhich first.
 It's pretty crazy to be going, but awesome!  I wonder how much I will be changing (a lot) and what I will be like when I get back.  I'm upset I can't connect to the internet right now, but I will get used to it.  I just don't want to pay 10.00$ for using the internet for an hour.  We start boarding in an hour, and after only sleping 3 hours on the bust today and then two on the airport ground I a ready to get some more sleep.

I Love you all!  Next time I'll be in Swaziland!  Some intense training is coming up.  Meeting everyone yesterday was awesome.  41 people in my group, and we all connected so quickly, easy to do when you are going on a mission this big.  Most of the people in Group 10 are around mmy age, but it is really neat to have two married couples, one a bit older who have served in PC before, and then a range of ages.  A 32 year old girl said she felt old, and I told her not to worry, if it was the right time to join now then she was not too old to do so.
 Saying goodbye yesterday was tough, watching everyone as I walked away from the airport entrance and through security.  But I can't wait to be in touch soon!!


NY, 4:30 AM

Me before I left! (not the greatest photo, I blame the photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment