Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So you wanna Send Me a Package, Eh?


Wed, Aug 8th, 2012


Hello world!
I figured I would offer some suggestions for in case you want to send me a package.  (On a side note, I am currently awaiting a package from my Lovely cousin Sarah and have no idea what will be in it, and am EXTREMELY PUMPED. I am easily satisfied with things. And if a package is too much, I love mail in general and so letters are greatly appreciated :)  Here is my address, if you need it:
Jessica Randall
C/O Peace Corps
PO Box 2797
Mbabane, H100
Swaziland,
  AFRICA.

Emphasize Africa. Also, if you send me a package, declare on it cheap things, all adding up to less than a 50 dollars, so people are less likely to open it :)  White lying in this case is totes acceptable :)  (Sorry Tina Fay, people DO still say totes)

Here are some ideas that will probably suit me my entire stay in Africa, and of course feel free to elaborate with your own awesome ideas!
-Powdered Gatorade
-Granola Bars
-Face lotion w/ Spf
-Face lotion w/o SpF (for night time)
-multivitamins
-Protein/Luna Bars
-incense
-STICKERS!
-hand sanitizer
-deodorant (fiji-old spice)
-Trail mix: nuts, ones that don't add sugar, etc)-I don't like Raisins :)
-Shick Intuition Razors (for sensitive skin :) )
-"Always" clean wipes
-A World Map
-*Things to make my hut feel homey*
-Pictures of us!  Or of you and those I love!
-yummy nips :) (ie:baileys,etc)
-String to make friendship bracelets.
-White Chocolate!
-Other types of Chocolate
-Soap (all natural) from my friend Heather's awesome shop in Rockport, Kala Roopa
-Face wash
-Exfoliant
-Mac and Cheese
-Mix CDs
-Art supplies
-Garlic Salt, or others of those spices you can get for a dollar at Market Basket because all spices are pretty expensive here.
-Random yummy snacks that wont expire in 3 weeks of mail (ie:Oreos)
-toothbrushes
-all natural toothpaste (hehe)

I'm sure more things will come to mind along the way, but for a general idea those are some quality things! A general list that will be good the whole time I'm in Africa.

Send one,Send all,
Send none,Send Small.
Send Letters,and LOVE
I just love Mail, when push comes to shove!


Thurs August 16th.
I received two packages yesterday!Both containing socks (always greatly appreciated if you know me with my past and laundry).
But I received one GIANT LOVE FILLED Packages from Camp! (the one from Sarah I was waiting upon, Thank you Sarah for taking the initiative to put that together!).  Thank you Sarah and Miranda for your kind words and thoughtfulness (no worries about the evil look, I did notice, btw ;) The box was filled with hair accessories, puzzles, balls, notebooks, coloring items, Dinosaurs (which will nicely decorate my hut), camp awards, great postcards, and love notes! Such a great freakin box!  Really though, it is a box that will fill many kids with joy.  The crayons and colored pencils will add to so many art projects the youth around me will now have the ability to participate in.  And the toys will be loved and cherished.    A previous awesome package I received had such cute t-shirts and little (British) toy cars in it that my host family now will have such a blast in.  Really, truly, amazing things to send! Thank you!

I declared a few weeks ago that I would not be using Facebook.  Then, upon receiving cell phones, I was on facebook quite a bit.  But really, it stinks to use on my phone.  Typing is awful and many notifications and whatnots are missed. Emailing to get in touch with me is best, and snail mail is most fun. But the Internet on my little candy bar phone is pretty unreliable, so I just wanted to share that with everyone.  I am living in Africa here, what can you expect :)

I have to add that swearing in is in a week.  So, on the 23rd (C-Mc's Bday!) I will become an official Peace Corps Volunteer (as long as I pass all the tests I should be studying for right now tomorrow, but I think I will be ok).  Training has been long, but necessary.  I have learned a lot and got a lot of great resources, but am really happy to go begin my term of service.  I can't wait to begin making my hut my home, and feel settled.  Oh man will I miss my family here, including all the great vegetation growing around!  But I will come back and visit them, seeing that Swaziland is incredibly small and therefor travelling is doable, although the scariest part of my stay yet.  Wish me luck on my tests, and hope to post more after sometime after swearing in!


8/22/12
PASSES! Tomorrow is the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment